Why should I use Financial Advice Hawke’s Bay?
The focus of Financial Advice Hawke’s Bay Ltd and FAHB Investments Ltd is to help people make smarter choices with their finances. We always put clients’ interests first to help meet their short, medium and long term personal financial goals. Our services are comprehensive and we specialise in providing expert personal financial and investment planning services. The Financial Planners within the business are Authorised Financial Advisers and CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER professionals which is internationally recognised for having the highest education and ethical standards in financial planning. See below for details on Michael Gallagher and Paul Sewell.
- We are a non-aligned independent advisory business. We give independent advice that is right for you. As an example for Investment planning we can consider a multitude of investments and choose the most suitable investments for you, without bias or incentive, as we don’t have in-house investment products.
- Financial Advice Hawkes Bay is a member firm of Ignite Ltd and FAHB Investments is a member firm of the Professional Investment Advisers (PIA) group. These groups consist of independently owned non-aligned professional financial advisory firms, and exists to facilitate the quality and value of research, compliance to member firms, providing a professional consultation network and scale benefits for our clients.
- A typical client requirement is to receive regular income from their capital to supplement NZ Super during their retirement. We develop portfolio scenarios to help you understand how different withdrawal rates impact the longevity of your capital sum under different market scenarios.
- Your money needs to last for the rest of your lives. To look after capital our approach is to invest in a way that suits your long term plans and provides well thought out diversification. This is achieved by holding a mix of different types of investment, across a range of industries and geographical locations.
We are able to provide you a no obligation review of your financial service needs in the following areas:
- Retirement planning
- Investment planning
- Risk management – personal risk insurance including life insurance, health insurance, trauma cover, disability insurance and income protection
- Cash management and budgeting
- General advice on asset protection and estate planning
- General advice on taxation relating to investments and insurance
- Debt management.
Director & Financial Adviser
Michael has over 23 years’ experience in the financial services industry, specialising in investment, retirement planning and risk management. He completed a Graduate Diploma in Business Studies endorsed in Personal Financial Planning and holds the prestigious Certified Financial Planner designation. Michael also completed a Bachelor of Business Studies majoring in Finance (BBS). He is a member of Financial Advice New Zealand and an Authorised Financial Adviser. Michael initially worked for one of the big four banks then returned home to Hawke’s Bay to take up his current role where he has been for the last 20 years helping his clients achieve their financial goals. He lives in Napier with his wife and two children.
Call me on: 027 453 7118
Director & Financial Adviser
Paul has over 25 years’ experience in the financial services industry, specialising in investment, retirement planning and risk management. Paul completed a Diploma in Business Studies endorsed in Personal Financial Planning and holds the prestigious Certified Financial Planner designation. He is a member of Financial Advice New Zealand and an Authorised Financial Adviser. Paul has also completed a Bachelor of Commerce & Adminis from Victoria University. His Financial Services career began in New Zealand in banking gaining experience within foreign exchange, commercial and residential lending. He then practiced as a Financial Adviser whilst living in the UK. On returning to New Zealand, he practiced as a Senior Financial Adviser for seven years based in Wellington and had clients throughout New Zealand. Paul then moved to Sydney, Australia and for nine years worked for one of the largest and most respected Fund Managers in a General Management position within the Australian equities business. In 2010 he returned to his hometown of Napier with his wife and 3 children and in 2011 he took up his current position. Paul is a trustee of the Helping Hand Trust with the Hastings Baptist Church, past Chairman of the Institute of Financial Advisers Hawke’s Bay and currently Chairman of the Member Advisory Committee for Financial Advice New Zealand our professional body for Financial Advisers in New Zealand.
Call me on: 027 364 4887
Pleased to be recognised at our advisers National Conference of the Institute of Financial Advisers (IFA).
The certificate was awarded in recognition and appreciation of Paul Sewell for outstanding service and loyalty to the IFA and the financial services industry. IFA recognises the quiet achievers with this award. The volunteer who has dedicated their time, energy and intellect for the common good over a prolonged period of time, and doing so has earned the respect and gratitude of their peers for their selfless service. He has shown real innovation in raising the profile of the IFA and advisers.
His strong belief in the benefits of personal financial advice has seen Paul Sewell CFP cm work tirelessly with advisers, to raise their profile, encourage their education and promote their services- he is a real champion of our profession.